Neurological rehabilitation involves patients with hemiplegia, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease and other neurological central or peripheral origin disorders. The neurological rehabilitation center of Clinique Valmont offers advanced services to restore or maintain the speaking abilities, memory, thought and mobility that can be affected by a brain disorder.
Rehabilitation through physiotherapy and adapted physical activity
Our physiotherapy is focused on a functional approach.
Based on movement recovery and maintenance physiotherapy helps to:
- Stimulate joint and muscle function
- Promote correct muscle tone to enable better motor function
- Promote early stepping verticalization
- Favor lower limb loading
- Work on balance and coordination
- Work on gait and movement activities
Rehabilitation through adapted physical activity to:
- Acquire endurance during exercise (ergometer and exercise bike)
- Work on dynamic and static balance and lower and upper limb coordination (climbing wall)
- Develop active participation and reaction in racquet and ball games
Occupational therapy rehabilitation
Our personalized occupational therapy helps to:
- Regain optimal independence in daily life activities: washing, dressing, cooking and shopping as well as administrative and financial management
- Stimulate autonomous bed, toilet and car transfers
- Recover sensitivity loss or diminution
- Stimulate injured upper limb motor skills and integrate these in bimanual activities
- Restore functional hand movement: dexterity work, finger dissociation, precision, skill, strength and writing
- Develop an upper limb positioning orthoses
- Improve balance (Wii Balance Board)
- Evaluate and set up all necessary equipment and home assistance to ensure a successful return home
Neuropsychology focuses on impaired abilities by using conserved abilities to re-educate mental abilities for everyday life.
Among other things, our rehabilitation works on:
- Recovery of memory capacities
- Mental flexibility
- Planning daily life tasks
- Speed of information processing
- Resolving hemineglect symptoms and stimulating visuospatial exploration
To do this, different activities are used:
- Games (card games, Memory, Power 4…)
- Computer software (Igerip and Cogniplus)
- Paper exercises (re-education of working memory, attention and memory…)
Speech therapy rehabilitation
During speech therapy sessions, our approach is based on restoring written or oral expression skills or their compensations as well as swallowing disorders.
These sessions are done through activities such as:
- Rhythmic melodies
- Repeating syllables
- Gap texts
- Laryngeal ascent exercises
Our speech therapists set up communication notebooks or memory notebooks to help patients better interact with the world around them.
Speech therapy also plays an active role in facial paralysis recovery.