Hand surgery is at the crossroads of many specialties and aims to give back to the hand its function of a communication tool as well as a social link.
Its interest is focused on upper limb injuries whether they are traumatic, congenital, or degenerative. The bone, vascular, nerve, and plastic surgeries as well as microsurgery are all necessary skills to have to treat pathologies such as :
- Congenital hand differences
- Rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis
- Fracture and joint injuries (non union, malunion, vazcularised bone graft)
- Joint replacement (elbow prosthesis, wrist, hand, fingers)
- Trauma to tendons, nerves and secondary repairs (restoration of hand function after spinal cord injury, compartment syndrome, upper limb palsy)
- Dupuytren’s contracture
- Cutaneous lesions (tumours, cysts, soft tissue defect, burns and hypertrophic scares, bedsore) and their cover (skin graft, pedicle flaps), nails deformities
- Microsurgery : replantations, free flap surgery, free vascularized toe transfer
- Wrist and elbow conditions : arthroscopy, wrist and elbow joint replacement
- Sports injuries to the hand and wrist
- Work and leisure related condition
75 peer-reviewed scientific publications and 86 book chapters in international text books.
80+ presentations at national and international meetings, including keynote speaker, moderator and chair
2015 - Papaloizos M, Chick G. Manuel de chirurgie de la main et du poignet, Pathologies chroniques de la main et du poignet (Hand and wrist chronic conditions) Paris, Masson-Elsevier, 345 p.
2014 - Chick G, Papaloizos M. Manuel de chirurgie de la main et du poignet, Urgences (Hand and Wrist emergencies). Paris, Masson-Elsevier, 320p.
2013 - Chick G, ed. Acute and Chronic Finger Injuries in Ball Sports (Sports and Traumatology) Paris, Springer-Verlag, 868p
Depuis 2017 - Foundation for Hand Surgery : Education and Research.
Depuis 2014 - Ghent University (Be). Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences. PhD. "Benign peripheral nerve tumours: diagnostic and therapeutic aspects of resectable and unresectable tumours”
Depuis 2018 - Foundation for Hand Surgery. Education and Research.
Depuis 2012 - Centre formateur post-gradué chirurgie de la main (ISFM-SIWF-FMH) Réseau Romand, Suisse
Depuis 2012 - Federation of European Societies for Surgery of the hand (FESSH). Accredited Training Fellowship in Hand Surgery. Geneva, Switzerland
Depuis 2009 - Académie de médecine su sport, Aspetar Doha, Qatar
Depuis 2007 - Université de Paris. DIU National Français de Chirurgie de la Main Paris, France
Depuis 2007 - Université de Paris. Cours annuel Européen de Chirurgie de la Main Paris, France Paris, France